As stated above, starting a new church takes bold faith and trust. The leadership of DeepWater is asking the Lord to pour out his grace and generosity, so that DeepWater Church can be an instrument for life-change on the Isle of Palms and beyond. The Isle of Palms is a unique location to plant a church, because when you are on the island it seems like people have everything they need and more. However, as it says in Matthew 16, "what is that a man profit the whole world, but lose his soul?" - there are many on the island that have much as it relates to possessions and beautiful views, but do they have Christ?
It's possible to see the financial numbers below and wonder why a church plant has a budget of this size. The best way to explain the heightened cost of planting a church on the Isle of Palms is to relate it to the cost of living - if a family buys a home in a more rural town than there is good chance it will be cheaper than buying a home in a location like the island. Our budget for our first year seems to be consistent with the community in which we are planting.
Financial need as of July 1, 2018 - we have raised 47% of the support needed to reach the 2018-19 budget.
As worship gatherings begin on September 16, 2018 we will begin receiving tithes and offerings. Currently our Plant Team members are contributing financially.
Personnel - 169K - Full time Pastor, Part time (PT) Worship Minister, (PT) Children's Minister, (PT) Student Minister, (PT) Financial Admin
Administration - 30K - Donation to host church for facility use (& playground project), Furniture, Equipment (staff computers, children's check-in), Software (propresenter. logos, planning center), Marketing, Background Checks
Ministry - 36K - Staff Cont. Ed, Children & Student Ministries, Host Ministry, Missions, DeepWater Groups, Fellowship Events, Discipleship, Worship Ministry, Volunteers, Church Plants, Cooperative Giving
TOTAL - 235K
*Some immediate needs include:
- $3,000 for new mac computers and software - $2,000 for playground equipment - $500 for children's ministry curriculum & supplies
- $1,000 for 2 - 55in tv's & rolling stands for worship services - $750 to send 4 leaders to Discipleship Training at the Cove
- $1,500 for Logos Online Commentary Software for pastor's sermon study - $2,500 for Local, Regional & Global Missions
- $2,000 Deposit for 15 students for Fall Retreat - $500 for portable sound system for worship space - $150 send a middle or high school student to fall retreat - $2,000 Marketing for the Launch - If you're interested in helping fund the cost of a part-time position for part of the year, please use email address below to get more information
1. Monthly Giving - the online giving button below provides a monthly giving option - thank you for your consistent gift!
-- $25 a month (300 year) -- $50 a month (600 year) -- $100 a month (1,200 year)
-- $175 a month (2,100 year) -- $250 a month (3,000 year) -- $500 a month or more
2. One-Time Gift - the online giving button below provides a one-time gift options - thank you for your generosity!
*Note that there have been some changes since printing the mailed support letters. If you would like to see that support letter, see here.
Thank you so much for your willingness to financially invest and give to DeepWater - we are so thankful and we praise God for you! Your gift will be used to further God's Kingdom and make an impact with the Gospel to the Island and Beyond. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.